Telkom Kenya Financial Controller Jobs October 2018
Financial Controller Job at Telkom Kenya
Reporting to:Chief Financial Officer
We are seeking a dynamic, self-driven & a seasoned leader to join our Finance Team. This position will offer a great opportunity for growth!
The individual in this role will be working with the Finance team to control all aspects of the financial operations including Accounting, Treasury, Collections, Financial Reporting, Budgeting and Revenue Assurance functions.
The position will be in charge for development and implementation of internal control policies, procedures and develop action plans to meet the company objectives.
This role must understand the business, competitor business and customer requirements and create solutions that drive customer satisfaction and revenue. This role will also be responsible for:
Financial Controller Job Responsibilities
Accounting & Treasury
- Controls and Policies
- Tax management
- Statutory & Internal Audit management
- Revenue, fixed assets and stock accounting
- Day to day account operations
- Financial and management reporting
- Business decision support and implementation
- Business Partnering
- Budget & control
- Cost management
- Revenue Assurance & Fraud Management Framework
- Periodical reconciliations of various systems
- Business Support
Credit and Collections
- Credit vetting
- Collections from large number of clients
- Development of self and others
- Act as the coach and mentor
- Project Management
Qualifications for the Financial Controller Job
- University Degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting option or any other related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- 10-15 years previous Finance experience required preferably in a telecommunications or banking environment
- ?Previous 3-5 years’ experience in a Head of function role
- Qualified CPA(K) or equivalent
- Demonstrating a solid knowledge of Accounting
- In-depth understanding of the business issues, specifically financial issues, which affect the telecommunications industry.
- In-depth experience in transformation and turning around businesses to an EBIDTA positive
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements that relate to the telecommunications environment.
Professional Skills & Competencies
- Commercial orientation and business acumen
- Strategic orientation
- Strong Leadership, Internal & External Stakeholder Management Skills
- Track record in developing self and others
- Personal effectiveness and credibility
- Process discipline and quality orientation
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Proactive and dynamic.
- Efficient and results oriented
How to Apply
Application should be sent by 1st November 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through email@example.com and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.