Grade 8 SST/Kiswahili/CRE Teacher Job at Shining Hope For Communities
Section: Essential Services
Department: Girls Leadership & Education
Location / Work station: Kibera/Mathare
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 7.30 AM – 4.30PM
Reports to: Head Teacher Direct reports: N/A Job Purpose: To be responsible for creating a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favourable to learning and personal growth; this is aimed at ultimately developing strong, ethical, community centred female leaders of tomorrow.
SST/Kiswahili/CRE Teacher Job Responsibilities
- Teach: SST/Kiswahili, and CRE to to upper classes.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Create and use variety of instruction strategies,
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth.
- Prepare progress reports and keep records.
- Communicate with parents on students’ progress.
- Interpret the school program.
- Coordinate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Create an effective environment for learning.
- Select and requisition books and instructional aids.
- Maintain required inventory records.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administer group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
Qualifications for the SST/Kiswahili/CRE Teacher Job
- Bachelor Degree in Education/Diploma/P1/ Professional Qualifications
- Must be registered with Teachers Service Commision Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- Must have taught the above subjects in grade 8 and registered a mean score of above 70%
- Articulating information
- Adopting practical approaches
- Providing insights
- Taking action
- Establishing rapport
- Valuing individuals
- Inviting feedback
- Understanding people
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. Applications should reach us no later than 11th December 2017.