Accountant Jobs at Taste of Kenya
Taste of Kenya buys coffee directly from Kenyan farmers for export to international buyers resulting in a fairer price for the farmers. As part of our support for the local community we will be roasting coffee for the local market in Kenya and we are looking to expand our team for this project.
Location: Mombasa road, Kenya
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Prepare assets, liability, and account reports by compiling and analysing account information.
- Documenting financial transactions by recording account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Securing financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answering accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and Kenyan regulations.
- Complying with local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintaining customer confidence and protecting operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Communicating with the executive teams about the financial status of the company
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- Corporate Finance
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- SFAS Rules
- Data Entry Management
- General Math Skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience in related job post
We intend to offer a 3 month contract with the possibility to extend. The position will be based at our office in Mombasa Road, Nairobi. (Note: You should have the relevant work authorisation)
How to Apply
Starting date of the assignment is foreseen as soon as possible. Please send your application by the 4th of August 2017 in English mentioning the Job role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taste of Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.