One Acre Fund Case Investigation Agent NGO Job in Western, Kenya July/Aug 2017
Case Investigation Agent Fresh recruitment
Career Opening at One Acre Fund 2017
One Acre Fund
We are an international nonprofit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, and Malawi.
In these countries, our 4,000+ strong staff serves over 400,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Job Vacancy: Case Investigation Agent
Job Location: Western, Kenya
Reporting To: Case Investigation Manager
Job Description: We are an international NGO with a strong footprint in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania: In these countries our 3,000+ strong staff serves over 200,000 smallholding farmers and helps them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
The Customer Service team at One Acre Fund is looking to expand and professionalize its operation, which is currently serving over 130,000 farm families in Kenya.
The Case Investigation agents will provide critical first line support to our farmers delivering the highest quality of service to ensure our farmers’ perceptions of OAF remain high and that our products and services have the maximum impact for the farmers we serve.
The agents will be responsible for resolving all cases raised by farmers in the shortest time frame to the highest levels of satisfaction.
This is very visible and important position that cuts across many departments at One Acre Fund and supports senior field directors in their execution duties as well as informing and guiding senior departmental heads on programmatic issues.
We are seeking experienced and talented individual to take up the position of a Case Investigation Agent in the Customer Service Operations.
Below are the details for the position and directions on how to submit application:
Your Roles & Responsibilities
- Familiarize with all cases of farmer complaints through phone calls to OAF, working with the Customer Service Call team
- Meet with the Customer Service Call Team each week to review open cases and ensure investigation database is up to date
- Prioritize weekly cases to follow up and prepare a travel schedule
- Investigate and acquire relevant documentation including budgets and records for farmer refund payments, UAP insurance payments and inputs delivery documents to detect any anomalies and errors and launch investigations based on the following types of cases:
- UAP Insurance, work closely with expense auditor in charge of UAP payments to investigate complaints on this.
- Wrongly dropped farmers at qualifiers deadline
- Investigate cases on Refunds for dropped clients and refunds for overpayments.
- Customer care issues and staff harassment to farmers
- Cases on Incentive Fraud, Input fraud and stolen inputs by field staff
- Ghost Farmer Issues
- Mobile Repayment Fraud related issues
- GL Level training as follow ups from investigations
- Core Package Issues
- HR Related Issues (Unfair Staff Promotions/Staff harassment) e.t.c
- Warehouse staff input balances
- Follow up on Total credit mismatches discovered ahead of farmer calls
- Forward all investigation reports to the relevant parties to ensure resolution and case closure
- Provide recommendations for documentation and process improvement on an ongoing basis
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor
Field Visit Activities
- Schedule visits to investigate cases with Field Directors, Field Leaders and GLs as appropriate
- Meet with impacted and affected parties and obtain written statements and evidence such as default acknowledgement forms and reports from relevant parties for recovery of cash lost by OAF staff
- Arrange any follow up appointments to help with the investigation
Departmental Liaison Activities
- Work closely with the regional teams on any requirements for the cases and advise on appropriate resolution and recommendations
- Liaise closely with HR and District Office Administrators on all pending disciplinary actions from cases investigated
- Work with the Investigation Management to examine processes and policies to prevent future occurrences
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office.
- Deep understanding of the OAF core program model
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive in identifying and solving problems
- Demonstrates integrity and a positive attitude
- Language: Fluent in English, Swahili and any local dialect
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Relevant work experiences including demanding professional work experience in business, bank or NGO
- Proven organizational, analytical, communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to meet strict deadlines
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must be willing to travel frequently to the field using motorbike taxis in all weathers
- Able to multitask
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as a Case Investigation Agent and you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 2nd August, 2017.
Please CLICK HERE to apply online
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed.
At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
Please Note: You must have 18 years and above to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.