Database Administrator Jobs at Meru University
Meru University of Science and Technology (MUST) wishes to recruit qualified and dedicated staff to fill the following vacant positions.
Qualifications for the Database Administrator Job
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or any other related field.
- Have at least two years’ experience in a busy ICT environment especially in database administration or support.
- Have excellent communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience in ERPs (Microsoft Dynamics Nav).
- Certification in database administration will be an added advantage
- Obtain clearance from the Kenya Revenue Authority, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Higher
- Education Loans Board (HELB) and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police Service.
Database Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Install and upgrade the database server and application tools through regular check-ups for updates to ensure optimal running of the database systems.
- Participate in the allocation of system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system in line with available resources to ensure optimal running of the database systems
- Modifying the database structure as necessary from information given by the seniors in line with the documented procedures to facilitate successful implementation of systems.
- Participate in the enrollment of users and maintaining system security in collaboration with other officers to ensure successful utilization of the systems.
- Install and upgrade database server and application tools by regular check-ups for optimal performance.
Terms & Conditions of Service
Successful candidates, for the above position, will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance and other benefits in accordance with MUST Terms and Conditions of Service.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit two (2) copies of applications together with a detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, e-mail and telephone contacts), copies of certificates and other testimonials. They should also provide names, telephone numbers, contact addresses and e-mail addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants are also required to fill a job application summary form availed in the MUST website and send hard and soft copies to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications in hard copy and referees’ confidential reports should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before 16th May, 2017.
The Vice Chancellor
Meru University of Science & Technology
P.O. Box 972 – 60200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Meru University of Science and Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons With Disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.