Ref – HR/05/01/17
SMEP Microfinance Bank Limited is a dynamic Christian based bank regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, whose Mission is “To empower our customers through provision of market driven financial solutions”.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the job holder will be responsible for carrying out specific system audit evaluations on the Bank’s IT systems, monitoring and make recommendations on improvements to ensure that the internal system controls are maintained.
Information Systems Auditor Job Responsibilities
- Participate and contribute in the risk assessment process for target audit areas and documentation
- Carries out audits on operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
- Review internal control procedures and security for systems which are being developed
- Implementing external auditors recommendations
- Develop, and implement audit tests and programs aimed at achieving the desired objectives in areas auditable.
- Conduct operational, compliance and investigative audits
- Anticipate issues through research and analyzing new trends and give recommendations/advice
Qualifications for the Information Systems Auditor Job
- At least 3 years work experience in systems auditing preferably in a reputable financial institution
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and resultsorientation.
- Strong problem solving and organization skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Between 33 and 40 years of age
- Applicants must be committed to Christian values with a passion to serve
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, BBIT, Finance, Business administration or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Must be a Certified Information Systems Auditor or recognized equivalent
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and previous experience with T24 Banking system will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the criteria should download the “Job Application Form” at www.smep.co.ke/opportunities, and send their filled applications to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please indicate your preferred posting i.e nearest SMEP Branch.