KCB Group Limited
Managing Director – KCB Bank Tanzania
Role Purpose: Reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer, this position is directly accountable for the general management and oversight of KCB Bank Tanzania to deliver and increase profitability, business and market share growth, product penetration, sustained business and banking operations and exemplary customer experience.
- Lead and direct Senior Management and Business Teams of KCB Bank Tanzania
- Lead and formulate Business Plans and Strategies for KCB Bank Tanzania
- Deliver profitability, business and market share growth strategies of KCB Bank Tanzania in accordance with short, medium and long term budgetary targets and plans.
- Continually review business strategies and plans in response to changing operating environment and emanating business challenges while retaining focus to overall business strategies.
- Champion and propagate the KCB brand platform internally and externally across KCB Bank Tanzania (purpose, vision, mission, values, behaviors and promise).
- Manage and maintain a robust monitoring, controls, business continuity, governance and risk management environment for KCB Bank Tanzania.
- Maintain proactive oversight in ensuring adherence to external and internal statutory and regulatory standards, risk and compliance management.
- Provide, manage and maintain comprehensive business status reporting with robust key performance / risk indicators and tracking thereof.
- Manage and maintain relationships with key/strategic stakeholders: Boards of Directors, KCB Group EXCO, managing directors, divisional directors, statutory and regulatory authorities, government and quasi-government bodies, key customers and service providers.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree in Business related field. Post graduate and or Banking qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in retail and corporate banking, treasury and commercial banking operations, customer service, governance and controls with at least 8 years’ in senior to top management position.
- Track record of attaining targets of business growth and profitability in the financial services and banking sector.
- Have appreciation and operating knowledge of the regional banking industry (especially operating dynamics of East Africa), market and global trends as well as challenges
- Demonstrable cross-cultural, people and relationship management skills, team motivation and leadership competence.
- Sound understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements of corporate governance, business and banking operations of East Africa.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt and operate in a matrix management and reporting environment
The above position is a demanding role which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 25th November 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.