WFP Finance Officer (NOA) Job in Kampala Uganda August 2016
Jobs recruitment : Finance Officer vacancy in Kampala Uganda August 2016
Career Opening : Employment at WFP in Uganda Aug 2016
Finance Officer NOA, Kampala Uganda
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda.
Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the International Finance and Administrative Officer, the Finance Officer will support the stewardship of WFP’s resources, monitoring budgets, forecasting, reporting on key data and providing basic administrative and human resource functions that enable effective management of funds, and ensure assistance to beneficiaries is undertaken in the most efficient and effective way possible and will be required to undertake the following tasks:-
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain awareness of corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating where appropriate using finance and resource management expertise.
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, aligned with Regional and wider WFP strategy, policies and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
- Report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
- Monitor budgets, and carry out forecasting for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
- Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with corporate requirements.
- Where necessary, deliver core administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to WFP staff.
- Where necessary, undertake basic human resource functions related to staff benefits, recruitment of local staff, and training.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, providing management with financial, staffing and resource usage information to enable them to make informed decisions.
- Track and collate data to support others to improve policies, systems and procedures in order to minimize financial risks, improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and ensure services are aligned with business objectives.
- Contribute to the delivery of financial controls and insight into WFP performance, supporting periodic risk and internal control assessments to identify areas which may present potential audit, compliance or financial risks.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Represent unit/CO at internal meetings, external meetings and events with other UN agencies, banks and other financial institutions, or other partners and entities as required.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration and Accounting or related field obtained from a recognized institution;
- Or first University degree in Finance, Business Administration and Accounting with additional years of related work experience;
- At least six (6) years of relevant working experience in Finance gained from a reputable organizations;
- Membership to the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPA);
- Writing and organizational skills that lead to timely documentation and submission of reports;
- Good knowledge and skills in using MS Office applications;
- Excellent command of English is vital.
Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 1st September 2016
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply