The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities in East Africa which includes: Outreach Medical centers, Aga Khan Hospital Mombasa, Aga Khan Hospital Dar es salaam and Aga Khan University Hospital Nairobi.
It provides medical care to the population of western Kenya region and works with leading clinicians in the country in the management of complex cases.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is moving towards Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCIA).
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Busia, Kisumu, Bungoma, Kericho, Homa Bay and Kitale Counties.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Overall Responsibilities: The successful candidate will prepare documentation, process patient’s samples, ensure timely dispatch of results and maintain records as per the laboratory policy.
He / she will maintain relevant equipment in terms of routine maintenance, calibration and quality control and will be expected to comply with relevant policies and procedures including but not limited to those related to safety and infection control.
- Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory from a recognized institution, specialization in biochemistry is an added advantage
- Minimum three years working experience in a busy medical laboratory particularly biochemistry bench
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures
- Ability to write and review SOPS
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 15189:2012 standard requirements
- Ability to work in other laboratory sections whenever he / she is required
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory
How to Apply
Applications including detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary details should be forwarded by 22nd July, 2016 to:
The Human Resource Department
Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
P.O. Box 530-40100