Workshop Supervisor Job Opportunity in Tanzania 2015
- Pro-actively advise on, and implement workshop policies and procedures ensuring compliance.
- Undertake repairs according to budget.
- Monitor and maintain accurate service and maintenance record of all company vehicles
- Oversee the daily preparation of service booking schedules for vehicles and contact assigned drivers when vehicles service is due and perform scheduled checks on vehicles as required
- Monitor and ensure approval of job cards for all vehicles accepted into the workshop on a daily basis reflecting costs of repairs and work to be undertaken and accordingly ensure all repair/service are charged on the job card accordingly
- Advice and place approved orders with the purchase department for spare parts and other repair
- Equipments and escalate ensuring resolution on any delays in parts delivery
- Assist mechanics and approve any ordering and requisitioning of all parts and approve materials required for the repair and maintenance of company vehicles.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of parts by insuring that issued parts are accounted for accurately on each work order.
- Allocate work to technicians on a daily basis, document and provide oversight ensuring repairs are undertaken according to vehicle specification and timely completion of jobs according to approved company daily time guide.
- Mentor, evaluate and improve the level of performance in the Vehicle Maintenance Shop by training and supervising assigned technicians, ensuring that a high level of vehicle maintenance and repair excellence is attained and sustained.
- Monitor workshop activity to ensure efficient use of time, materials, and equipment. Estimate time required to complete repairs by using established company parameters.
- Work with mentor and train technicians to meet industry standards.
- Review work in progress and completed work orders to ensure that appropriate repairs were successfully completed and properly documented
- Perform periodic inventory checks as required and report any anomalies.
- Advise and ensure compliance of work processes with all company safety rules
- Ensure the appropriate usage and handling of testing tools and repair equipments.
- Ensure all quality procedures are adhered to.
- On daily / weekly basis and in a timely manner prepare workshop reports to specific deadlines and report on noncompliance.
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the management from time-to-time.
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical or Automotive a must
- Must have technical knowledge on diesel engine repair and servicing,
- Must poses at least 3-5 years supervisory experience in a busy Garage
- Previous experience with Scania trucks, is an added advantage
- Valid ABCD driving license.
- MS Office suit proficient
- Minimum of 30 years old
Frank Management Consult Ltd
Nyaku House,1st Floor,
Argwings Kodhek Road,Hurlingham.