Ward Administrator Job Re-Advertisement at Kakamega County In Kenya November 2014
Republic of Kenya
County Government of Kakamega
Office of the Governor
Re-Advertisement of a Vacancy
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position:
Job Group ‘M’
The Ward administrator will be responsible to the Sub County Administrator for coordinating, managing and supervising the general administrative functions in the Ward unit.
Duties will include:
- Development of policies and plans;
- Provision of service delivery;
- Developmental activities to empower the community;
- Provision and maintenance of infrastructure and facilities of public services;
- Exercising functions and powers delegated by the Public Service Board under Section 86 of the County Governments Act;
- Coordinating and facilitating citizen participation in the development of policies and plans and delivery of services;
- Running an efficient and effective citizen service delivery centre;
- Managing all cross cutting issues in the Ward such as HIV and AIDS, gender mainstreaming, integrity programmes among others;
- Accounting for movable and immovable assets of the County Government;
- Implementing an effective performance management system;
- Implementing policies for fire and disaster management; and
- Performing such other functions as may be delegated by the Sub-County Administrator.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have served in public or private service organization in administration or management for not less than eight (8) years;
- Minimum of C+ (Plus) in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or its equivalent;
- Have a minimum Diploma Certificate in any field from a recognized institution; and
- Have a clearance certificate from the Criminal Investigation Department.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Note: All applicants are required to get clearance from criminal investigation department
A copy of this clearance MUST be attached to the application.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents.
The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Constituency of origin.
Applications should be submitted to:
County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 458-50100
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at County Public Service Board’s Reception located at former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 5th December, 2014.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer, all are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.