Job in Dar es Salaam Tanzania at Oil Company for Country Sales Manager September 2014
Our client is a private oil marketing company in Kenya with over 20 years in operation.
- Select, develop, and coach a professional sales team to meet or exceed specific goals for profitable revenue growth.
- Develop and implement annual sales plans.
- Cultivate and maintain effective business relationships with executive decision makers in large accounts.
- Pursue identified business prospects, participating actively in the planning and sales process for new business opportunities.
- Collaborate with marketing resources and the sales leadership team to define overall sales strategy, Develop products and solutions responsive to the customers
- Apply research insights and to provide compelling advertising solutions based on the company’s business strengths.
- Coach Account Executives to build effective staff relationships that enable them to respond quickly to emerging customer opportunities
- Provide for seamless execution of the company’s business processes that exceed customer expectations.
- Encourage and requires high level teaming and collaboration skills to gain the committed and motivated efforts of the company’s staff who do not report directly to the Country Sales.
- Establish a planned program for sales coaching, working with Account Executives on all aspects of the sales process.
- Creating new opportunities for promotion of new products based on an in-depth understanding of market potential
- Travels extensively to meet customers and to coach Account Executives in the field
- Create and implement effective direct sales strategies and lead nationwide sales personnel toward achievement of corporate sales objectives.
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales organization.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development Comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Provide sales management, budget control, compensation programs and incentive planning.
- Ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, development and retention of sales staff.
- Provide supervision through field visits, observations and measurement of results to include in performance appraisals and salary reviews.
- Proactively identify changes in healthcare, delivery systems, and competitive pressures to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Manage to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Preparing market reports and business plans on regular basis based on published data and market intelligence
- Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies
- Lead the strategic planning process for the country program including sales campaigns
- Perform all other duties as needed or required to maintain and grow profitable business
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales & Marketing
- Additional professional qualifications in Sales & Marketing
- Must have 4 – 7 years experience as a sales manager in a well established company
- Overall 8 and above years experience
- Tanzanian national most preferred, interested Kenyans could also apply
- Experience in working in an FMCG industry preferred.
- Experience in developing and maintaining business growth
- Experience in e-commerce, Market research and product launches
- Skills in Customer care, branding, field sales, communication
- Must be self driven and able to meet deadlines
- High level of professionalism, enthusiasm, and a “can do” attitude
- Result oriented, Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Persuasiveness, innovation and judgment
- Take responsibility for the direction, control and planning of an activity
- Works with minimal supervision and stress tolerant
- Relate to others in a manner that creates a sense of teamwork and co-operation
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues, both junior and senior
Kindly indicate previous/ current salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database nor for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.