Jobs for Senior Patrolperson at Anglo American June 2014(4 Posts)
The Senior Patrolperson will be responsible for the application of skilled security procedures within an Anglo Platinum Operation to ensure that employees and assets are protected. Investigation support and emergency protection duties will be part of the activities of his role.
- Ensure proper understanding of the required actions.
- Apply recognized work, legislative and security standards.
- Conduct allocated patrols or checkpoint duties.
- Ensure that security tasks are completed to required quality standards.
- Conducts ad hoc security assignments such as searches or road blocks.
- Takes appropriate action on observation of risk situations.
- Supports by armed escort the movement of cash, bullion or VIP’s (where applicable)
- When a security issue is observed, take appropriate action within procedures.
- Observes the application of risk management procedures in high risk activities within the operation.
- Administrate personal and centralised communication and surveillance equipment (where applicable)
- Support the protection of assets in high risk situations, as riots.
- Support investigations and the compilation of case documents.
- Controls the setting and the response to alarms (where applicable)
- Conduction surveillance activities to support investigations (where applicable)
- Effective drive of security vehicles.
- Perform maintenance duties on equipment and firearms.
- Conduct required drug and alcohol tests
- Audit the conformance to procedures of Patrol LLS.
- Grade 12
- Three years’ experience in patrolperson role or equivalent experience
- At least one year experience in security approaches, applied in Anglo Platinum.
- Trained in Senior Patrolperson duties for the Unit.
- Valid code 8 drivers’ licence.
- Registered with PSIRA, Grade C.
- Firearm competent
- First aid certification
- Communication in English
- Computer literacy for the role.
- No criminal record.
Certificate of Fitness
How to Apply for Vacancy at Anglo American
Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo Platinum’s Employment Equity policy.
Incomplete CV’s and /or applications will not be considered.
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the closing of the advert, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Application will not be considered without a valid copy of the qualification and/or the license required for this role
Interested candidates can apply online.
You can also apply using the SMS functionality by sending an sms with the job reference number to 35641, ensure that you register for the SMS functionality on the Anglo American website
Applications can be dropped at your nearest walk in centre, linking the application / cv with the reference for this job
Applications can also be sent to email@example.com linking the application / cv with the reference for this job on the subject line
Closing date : 25 June 2014