Linux System Administrator Jobs recruitment in Kenya March 2014
The Linux System Administrator will be build, configure, optimize, and tune Linux server farms, scale our existing infrastructure to increase capacity and to support new services.
Requirements / Qualifications
- The Linux System Administrator must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and a degree in computer science or a related field is preferred.
- S/he must possess minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Linux System Administrator and with agile methodologies.
- Proven ability to administer/manage/maintain/upgrade, at a high level of competency, a variety of technical platforms including:
- CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Apache Web Server: Installation, configuration, tuning
- Tomcat Application server: Installation, configuration, tuning
- Nagios/Cacti/Graphite/SmokePing or other monitoring and trending systems
- Load balancing solutions (Netscaler, BigIP, or HAProxy)
- Version control systems (Subversion or Git)
- Content Delivery Network (CDN): Configuration and tuning
- Experience with the following is a nice to have: Configuring PHP with httpd, Memcache, Java, Python/Django, Elasticsearch and MySQL.