CDA Corporation Secretary Job Opportunity April 2020
- Coast Development Authority (CDA) is a State Corporation established by an Act of Parliament with the mandate to plan and co-ordinate the implementation of development projects in the seven counties of the Coast Region, namely, Garissa, Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Mombasa, Taita-Taveta and Tana River as well as the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). .
- Advising Management on Viable Business and investment options and on related matters;
- Ensure development of policies, regulations, guidelines and strategy for Business Development and investments;
- Ensure the development of CDA’s investment plans ;
- Coordinate implementation and compliance with the CDA investment plans and strategies;
- Advising management of strategic investments opportunities;
- Ensure Establishment and linkages with strategic financial partners;
- Coordinate regularly meeting with investment analysts and financial strategic partners to discuss investment opportunities
- Ensure development of business and investment reports
- Coordinate investment negotiations;
- Oversee prudent management of all investment portfolios for the Authority;
- Oversee identification and monitoring of risk and development of hedging mechanism and diversification strategies;
- Ensuring investment opportunities are aligned with CDA’s strategic objectives;
- Oversee the undertaking of Portfolio and Investment Research;
- Liaison with external parties including, project developers and advisers;
- Ensuring that the Authority is adequately advised on money markets;
- Ensuring department budgets are developed and aligned to work plans;
- Manage and Supervise department staff;
- Ensuring prudent utilization of the resources of the division; and
- Mentoring and coaching staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Finance, Business Administration, Business Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- At least twelve (12) years working experience in the Public Service or Private Sector five (5) of which must be at a senior management position;
- Have Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Finance, Business Administration, Business Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Must be a Certified investment and financial analyst;
- Leadership course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrated results in work performance; and
- Fulfill requirements of Chapter six of the constitution.
How to Apply
The Complete tender in plain sealed envelope bearing the correct tender number and tender name should be deposited in the tender Box located at CDA Headquarters at the reception, by 28th April 2020, addressed to:
COAST DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY,
- Tenders will be opened immediately thereafter in the presence of candidates or their representatives who choose to attend at CDA Main Boardroom.
- Late bids will not be accepted.
- CDA reserves the rights to reject any tender and is not bound to give any reason for the action.