Project and M&E Assistant Jobs, Project Assistant Jobs, M&E Assistant Jobs, NGO Jobs, VSO International Jobs
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The purpose of this role is to work in close collaboration with county governments, Education Actors, schools, parents, communities and volunteers to deliver Access to Quality Education and Transition for C&AWDs Project objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Needs Education or inclusive Education
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the field of both project management, finance or administrative experience in an NGO or community based organisation.
- Evidence of knowledge and skills in M&E
- Evidence of previous experience in implementing Disability project
- Proven experience in coaching and mentoring of team members
- Knowledge on gender and inclusion practices
- Good written and spoken English and Kiswahili skills, Kenya Sign Language skills is an added
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and with minimal supervision
- Good written and oral communication.
- Evidence of effective problem solving and organisational skills.
- Evidence of professionalism and high integrity.
- Evidence of openness to learning to improve own performance
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications. Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya.