Personal Assistant Jobs, Programme Officer Jobs, Legal Jobs, NGEC Jobs
TERMS OF SERVICE : 5 YEAR CONTRACT RENEWABLE SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE
REF : NGEC/HR/06/2019 – (1 POST)
The officer will be responsible to the Principal Programme officer
- Manage the Commission Secretary’s diary;
- Prepare talking notes and presentations;
- Represent the Commission Secretary in meetings and note the action points;
- Act as a liaison person between the Commission Secretary’s Office and other offices in the Commission;
- Coordinate program and administrative activities in the Commission Secretary’s Office
- Participate in research, analysis and report writing including on emerging issues and make recommendations in relation to special interest groups concerns
- Participate in monitoring, auditing and mainstreaming of special interest groups by the state and non-state sectors
- Assist in the mobilization of resources for the Commission’s programs.
- Assist in the development of concepts and implement activities as per the work plan
- Participate in monitoring implementation of assigned activities
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports.
- Assist in monitoring the integration of the principles of equality and inclusion in all programmes, policies, laws, and administrative regulations in public and private institutions;
- Prepare activity reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Sociology, Gender, Law or any other relevant field from a recognized University;
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in programming in any of the following fields; gender, human rights, research, development and governance working with persons with disability, youth, children, the older members of society, marginalized and minority groups;
- Demonstrate a thorough and comprehensive understanding on issues of NGEC’s special interest groups and knowledge of project design, development and implementation;
- Excellent communication skills spoken and written;
- Excellent report writing, presentation and data collection skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Computer application skills.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements to submit their applications clearly indicating the position applied for together with :
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae, (Please indicate your county of origin);
- A copy of National Identity Card
- Certified copies of Academic Certificates, Transcripts, professional certificates and any other relevant supporting documents;
- All applicants should attach a copy of appointment letter;
- Applicants should submit three (3) names of referees one of which must be the current employer and their mobile telephone and e-mail contacts.
Please Note that
- The National Gender and Equality Commission Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
- Persons with Disabilities, people from Marginalized and Minority groups who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply;
iii. The Commission does not ask for any money nor ask applicants to undergo medical examination;
- Only shortlisted condidates will be notified and will be required to provide clearance from KRA, CID, EACC, HELB and CRB;
- It is a criminal offence for any applicant to provide false information and documents in the job application;
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification;
vii. A candidate who applies online must scan and attach all the required documents.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Commisson Secretary/CEO
National Gender and Equality Commission
Solution Tech Building, Longonot Road, Upper Hill
P O Box 27512-00506
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Clearly indicate the job reference number on the subject line and on the envelope.
To reach the Commission on or before 27th May 2019.