Finance and Administration Assistant – AVCD Jobs, Finance Jobs, Administration Jobs, NGO Jobs, Heifer International Jobs
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Finance & Administrative Assistant is the first contact point to visitors, consultants, and partners. S/he is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations providing support to the senior management team, Nairobi office and the project by maintaining systems of accountability, establishing and maintaining communications between program offices as well as partners and performing basic administrative tasks as assigned.
S/he will develop procedures, which promote financial discipline to meet organizational goals as well as maintaining an efficient document retrieval system. S/he will also assist with financial and accounting aspects of the country program office and processing of routine financial transactions in accordance with Heifer’s policies and procedures.
Act as initial point of contact for the main office by responding to both internal and external inquiries/requests. (30%)
- Follow-up on all incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Receive and attend to telephone calls and courteously direct calls accordingly
Scan and upload vouchers into agresso when they are posted. This include supplier’s invoices, receipts, LPOs, field trip reports and travel authorizations (20%)
- Scan all vouchers and supporting documents as required by Heifer HQ Administrative Policies and Procedures (APPs) and label it as per the transaction number on daily basis.
- Upload of scanned financial documents into agresso.
- Submit weekly report to the supervisor on the status of document archiving in agresso
- Ensure that all the vouchers and supporting documents are duly approved as per the policy and properly filed
Prepare, scan and file checks as per Africa Area program procedures. (20%)
- Prepare and record checks for suppliers.
- Scan and file payment vouchers per transaction.
Collaborate with the administrator and travel agents to ensure that visits to the projects are managed smoothly, professionally and efficiently (15%)
- Reserve hotel for staff and visitors as needed.
- Coordinate airport transfers for incoming/outgoing staff.
- Assist with permit for traveling staff.
Manage a functional and organized office filing system to ensure that the project documents and records are appropriately filed and secured for easy retrieval. (10%)
- Creating files for each project
- Ensure that all relevant documentation for each project are filed immediately upon receipt
- File financial documents appropriately in the relevant month when posted in agresso
- Any other task as assigned by the supervisor. (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business management or equivalent Diploma or any other related qualification to this Job, with three (3) years of hands-on related experience.
- Practical experience in various aspects of accounting principles and practices with a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), procurement and front office management. Data entry and basic excel analysis will be an added advantage
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- Exemplary customer care and administrative skills
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong English language skills – oral and written.
- Knowledge and experience with word processing, spreadsheets, database, newsletter, and electronic mail software (Microsoft Office preferred).
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Ability to produce accurate documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- May require occasional bending and lifting of up to 20 pounds (9 kilograms) floor to waist.
- Ability to operate all standard office equipment including copiers, scanners, fax machines and printers.
- Ability to establish priorities, achieve deadlines and make sound judgments.
- Ability to perform as an effective team member and work cooperatively with a diverse staff.
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Constant telephone, face-to-face and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work with minimal supervision
How to Apply