Senior Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Anti-Counterfeit Authority Jobs
Job Reference: ACA/SA/6
Starting Basic Salary: – Kshs 98,958
The Senior Accountant is responsible to the Chief Accountant and will be: –
- Processing payments as per established procedures and policies
- Capturing invoices/certificate of contract into the system
- Reviewing payments vouchers to ensure compliance to approved procedures
- Supervising daily cash count and posts transactions as per approved systems
- Liaising with suppliers to facilitate reconciliation of accounts
- Sorting out the reconciliation items in the bank statements, payroll and accruals accounts
- Processing payments and making appropriate entries into staff bank accounts
- Carrying out reconciliations of salaries and wages accounts as per approved procedures and policies
- Preparing payroll as per approved procedures and policies
- Maintaining accurate accounting records
- Ensuring that all revenues/incomes are receipted and banked intact as per laid down procedures.
- Ensuring that all banking reconciliation is done promptly and timely follow-ups made on any identified discrepancies
- Ensuring proper accounting for the petty cash and effective management of imprest system from various departments.
- Participating in the process of conducting annual stock takes and reconciliation of the same to the respective ledger accounts.
- Maintaining a fixed asset register ensuring that assets purchased are properly recorded on the register.
- Reconciling accounts of debtors as per policy and procedures
- Preparing of external audit schedules as directed by the Head of Finance.
- Preparing monthly management accounts for the management
- Ensuring statutory deductions and payments are remitted to the respective authorities
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
For appointment to the grade of Senior Accountant, the officer must have:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Sociology, or related disciplines;
- Obtained Certified Public Accountants CPA(K) or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- At least four (4) years working experience in Finance & Accounting;
- Attended a Senior Management Course; and
- Must be a member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya.
How to Apply
The candidate must attach copies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic: Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID),
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applicants MUST download the Bio Data Form, fill, print and submit to the undersigned.
Applicants MUST also fill the Online Form and submit it online accordingly.
The bio data form and copies of certificates MUST be sent through the post office or hand delivered to our offices. All application envelopes MUST be referenced as per the position applied for.
Failure to follow the instructions above will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Anti-Counterfeit Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Persons living with disabilities, from marginalized communities and female candidates who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any attempt to directly or indirectly canvas shall lead to automatic disqualification. All applications should be received by the undersigned not later than 30th April 2019 at 5:00pm.
3rd floor, National Water Plaza
Dunga Road, Industrial Area
PO BOX 47771-00100