Purpose of Assignment
Under the direct supervision of the Inventory Manager, the Warehouse Manager is responsible for insuring efficient receipt, storage, dispatch and out loading of supply/equipment of agricultural inputs.
- Take complete responsibility for the management of the inventory and warehousing operations in Kisumu warehouse, in line with policies and procedures; including the receipt, storage, accounting, dispatching and reporting of all commodities received and stored in the warehouse;
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning, even cold chain requirements, and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Produce regular stock reports, daily stock position, monthly commodity and logistic movements reports through the usage of platform and technology;
- Oversee all the loading and offloading activities at gate, counting of bags and stock while loading and offloading, prepare arrangement plans for stock based on warehouse segmentation
- Ensure prompt dispatch of products to the clients, production of delivery notes prior to client loading/delivery and filling of all related documentation;
- Train and supervise the junior warehouse staff, storekeepers and tally clerks;
- Assess availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to commodities arrivals;
- Ensure that all the receipts, delivery notes and invoices are properly documented, including any damages and shortages.
- Take periodic random checks during loading/offloading operations to ensure that commodities by the trucks confirm to quantity record on the truck waybill;
- Monitor the quantity and quality of commodities stored. Carry out regular commodity physical random check/inventory of the warehouse;
- Ensure security of warehouse, commodities and staff;
- Ensure all necessary licensing requirements are up to date, all health and safety regulation are adhered to;
- Ensure the adequate provision of all warehouse equipment such as pallets and tools and the provision of reconstruction materials such as sacks and strings; ensure warehouse cleanliness;
- When necessary, arrange fumigation of infested stocks and inspection certification of damaged cargo; prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal;
- Prepare loading and offloading plans and ensure that standard waybills are duly filled for outgoing stock;
- Assess the strengths and the weaknesses of the warehouse operation and propose corrective actions and technical advice to the management on storage needs and options;
- Identify alternative warehouse facilities when needed;
- Organize and facilitate training on staff, business partners, counterparts in warehouse management practice.
- If necessary, implement and organize new warehouse facilities which may include installation and assembly of temporary warehouse structures (e.g. Wiik-Halls/Rub Halls)
- Be prepared to meeting urgent timelines to deliver to client locations collaborating with third party transporter.
- Assist in training of warehouse staff in warehouse management best practices;
- Support Inventory Manager with platform, including inventory count;
- Guide warehouse staff, build capacity of staff and ensures strong teamwork;
- Liaise with Inventory Manager and other staff to implement new initiatives, align with business practices and insure continuous improvement;
- Support in establishing close collaboration with government and partners on warehouse management issues, support in assessing partners and counterparts’ capacities;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work strategically to realize organizational goals, develop strategies, set clear visions.
- Ability to persuade and influence, negotiate to obtain agreement, promote ideas.
- Ability to network and establish good relations with stakeholders
- Fast learner, adapts and respond to change, tolerate ambiguity
- Proficiency with the use of SAP.
- IT proficiency
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in warehousing management,
- Strong understanding of supply chain and warehousing processes, from needs assessment, through planning, category management, procurement, logistics and delivery, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong overall knowledge and understanding of public procurement principles, financial and legal aspects of supply chain issues, ethics and risk management of warehousing operations.
- Degree/Diploma in Logistics/Warehouse Management or Related Course. A Certification in Warehousing/Logistic or equivalent certification is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in warehouse/logistic function, or an administrative function in an operational working environment.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to lead large teams
- Above par communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in high-pressure context
- Solution oriented thinking
- 3-5 years working experience
- Valid Driving License
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
How To Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com