Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS)
Job Vacancy: Study Nurse
The Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization with its headquarters in Kisumu dedicated to improving reproductive health of men and women.
NRHS has several research projects related to HIV prevention and reproductive health.
NRHS will be undertaking research to assess a new device to provide pain relief to women undergoing treatment for miscarriage. The specific study activities include study recruitment, observation of treatment procedures, completion of interviews with study participants, interview transcription, and data management.
NRHS seeks highly qualified candidates for the following position in the study.
Job Title: Study Nurse
Reporting To: Principal Investigator
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be fully responsible and accountable for project resources entrusted to you.
- Observe miscarriage treatment procedures and collect data.
- Conduct recorded interviews with study participants and providers.
- Translate and transcribe interviews into English for data analysis.
- Input data into electronic database.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Prepare and deliver narrative oral or written reports to the supervisor as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Diploma in Nursing or equivalent
- Registered by the nursing council
- Research experience, including consenting study participants, administering questionnaires, and electronic data management.
- Fluency in English, Swahili, and Luo
- Experience and interest in maternity care and women’s reproductive health
Applications should include:
- Cover letter detailing current work, prior experience and qualifications including the areas described above, telephone and e-mail contact
- Current CV
- Names, telephone and e-mail contacts of at least 3 professional referees
Apply via email to email@example.com with the job title “Nurse” on the subject line.
Applications submitted on or before 3rd April, 2019 will receive preference.