Makini School is a private school offering the Local Curricula under the Competency Based and 8-4-4 system. The school wishes to recruit a competent, innovative and self-driven person to fill the following position:
The successful candidate will report to the Operations Director and will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the housekeeping services department to ensure the offices, premises and facilities are kept in a clean and orderly condition. The successful candidate will establish workflows, standard operating procedures and quality control plans for the department.
- Prepare a duty rota and ensure that all staff allocated report on duty and that work is done properly through supervision and monitoring.
- Appraising and evaluating the performance of all the staff in the House Keeping Department.
- Plan and arrange meeting rooms for various sections in the school.
- Ensure food is served to the students and the whole school community in a hygienic and timely manner.
- Check and ensure all housekeeping appliances in the school are in working order.
- Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout.
- Respond to queries, calls and requests from the management, staff, pupils, stakeholders and other clients such as spillage, broken glass, breakages and shortages.
- Contributes to the tender committee by advising on appropriate and essential cleaning materials, equipment and detergents.
- Ensure all the staff in the housekeeping department have appropriate tools, materials and equipment for efficient and effective performance of their duties.
- Manage and plan for school events and ensure they run evenly and smoothly.
- Attend the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the daily school routine.
- Uses interpersonal skills and makes sound judgments to decide how duties and responsibilities are completed between co-workers, the supervisory chain and other members of staff.
- Stock and maintain housekeeping supply rooms, all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition.
- Ensure a high level of customer care service is performed at all times.
- Ensure safe disposal mechanisms are done properly.
- Report any damages or repairs needed to the management and maintenance.
- Report all lost and found items to the Security department through the relevant departmental and section heads.
- Follow all school safety and security procedures and ensure the health and safety policies are adhered to.
- Complete duties and responsibilities in compliance with Makini standards, policies and guidelines.
- Supports the values and institutional goals as defined in the Makini’s Strategic Plan.
- Perform any other assigned duties as may be instructed by the Operations Director and other Directors.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and security across the board.
- Ability to handle a large variety of details and to work with all levels of sections.
- Ability to handle sensitive and extensive confidential data.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems individually and as a team player.
- Planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to meet demands of activities in the school.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines, managing multiple requests simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to interact with a variety of individuals (pupils/students, parents and staff) in a professional and efficient manner.
- Diploma in Housekeeping or equivalent preferred from a recognized college on institution.
- Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of cleaning sensitive materials
- Working knowledge of operating cleaning equipment
- Physical stamina and mobility.
- 5 years in housekeeping experience from a recognized institution
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, a team player and self-driven.
- Proficiency in Office suite of packages.
How to Apply
Applicants meeting the above requirements should send their CV, letter of application giving full details of qualifications, experience and full contact address, e-mail address and names and contact details of three referees by close of business Monday, 1st April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Makini Schools is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.