About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed technology company operating in East Africa and India. We build and deploy cloud-connected “KOKOpoints” inside local retail outlets, which serve as consumer access points for goods and services delivered in partnership with major suppliers. Our first consumer solution is liquid ethanol cooking fuel, which delivers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements in the multi-billion dollar urban cooking market. In Kenya, this solution is delivered in partnership with Vivo Energy, the company which owns and operates Shell-branded fuels distribution infrastructure across Africa.
As Product Manager, Ad Tech, you will lead the product design, development, and release of the KOKO advertising platform from inception to launch. As the product is in early stages of development, the successful candidate will also be responsible for selection of appropriate tools, technologies and platforms, negotiations with vendors, preparing technical and marketing assets, and pitching to potential advertisers.
- Manage the success of AdTech platform and services, including strategy, product roadmap, product design and specification, quality, sales enablement and launch
- Establish a product roadmap based on data, research and feedback from clients, customer success team, marketing and sales
- Engage and work closely with the Engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods, as well as a reasonable execution schedule
- Assess market competition by comparing the product to competitors’ products
- Provide source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives
- Assess product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product impact and value addition forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests
- Coordinate launch activities for platform enhancements, assess business impact, communicate to stakeholders and measure post-launch impact
- Determine and assess impact on product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing costs; anticipating volume
- Closely partner with other ad marketplaces to enhance value delivery to clients
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- 4+ years experience in product management or design of mid to large scale internet advertising products and technologies
- Good working knowledge of the web, APIs, technology infrastructure, e commerce, online advertising spaces
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as engineering, User Interface (UI), sales, customer support, finance or marketing
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of how computational systems work conceptually
- Entrepreneurial drive with appreciation of user experience (UX) and business/commercial issues. You should demonstrate the ability to critically reason UX choices, a good understanding of the possible approaches to UX for specific features, and pragmatism in making decisions
- Experience in software development
- Experience in hardware or embedded systems is a bonus
KOKO offers a fast-paced work environment and significant professional growth opportunities. If you share our passion for technology and our vision for global impact, we strongly encourage you to apply!