Reporting to the Lead Applications Developer, the application developer (integration support engineer) shall build and customize applications, systems and interfaces to support the bank’s digital platform, internal processes and other business units. The developer will interact with third party service providers as well as other internal digital financial services units.
The holder must demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for hand-held devices and web solutions as business delivery channels for both bank corporate and retail customers as well as for online agency banking services.
- Developing designated software within the Bank to ensure that the software needs are met within the agreed timelines.
- Documenting system developments in accordance to the application development policy.
- Defining designated business functional and technical requirements that would guide procurement of various software needed by the Bank
- Customizing and implementing acquired software to enable automated functionality.
- Specifying and ensuring application controls are incorporated during design of the software in order to check on risk exposure.
- Defining and testing the software or systems after development to ensure that the set functional and security parameters are in place.
- Build interfaces between systems.
- Drive and deliver on the team goals and objectives by offering effective participation.
- Defining and reviewing test strategy and an operational test plan methodology.
- React quickly to application development related security incidents to regain customer confidence
- Develop applications and interfaces
- Expands knowledge and capabilities to continually add value and progress within the Bank Digital Financial Services team
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field from an Institution recognized by the Commission for University Education
- 3 years’ experience of Development in a cross-platform, multi-tier environment with a bias in System Integration with Telcos, Mobile Money Systems and ecommerce APIs e.g. Paypal, Mastercard, Visa among others
- 3 years’ experience of programming language such as PHP, Python and/or Java, Angular Js, Vue Js is required
- 2 years’ working experience in Web, Mobile or POS application development & have demonstrable record of accomplishment in development of digital products and solutions.
- 2 years’ experience in integrating with third party APIs preferably using REST, SOAP and TCP/IP protocols
- Experience in Core Banking System programming would be an added advantage.
- 2 years’ Relational database and SQL development experience
- Open source framework experience such as Struts, Spring, Caster, Quartz, DWR, JQuery
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ.
- Development experience using RAD/Eclipse/Netbeans tool
- Web services standards and related technology knowledge (XML, XSD, WSDL SOAP, Rest etc.)
- Knowledge in Administration of application server (WebSphere, TC Server, Jboss, Tomcat) and MQ Series
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of IBM product suite (IIB, WMQ, Datapower, BPM and/or ODM) would be an added advantage
- Strong passion for coding, and technical aptitude, including the ability to understand detailed technical information
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Wednesday, 13 March 2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable