Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for safe collection of laboratory samples following laid down procedures, ensuring suitability of test samples and privacy of patients and personnel.
- Timely collection of blood samples and other types of specimens for laboratory investigations from both in-patients and out-patients as per test requirements.
- Timely recording and distribution of specimens to laboratory for processing.
- Maintain adequate stocks of phlebotomy supplies within the section.
- Bleed donors as per the laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Attend to patients’ queries and demonstrate good public relations and customer care.
- Perform and manage quality control checks for all pre-analytical processes, consumables and the environment.
- Support the laboratory to maintain ISO 15189:2012 Accreditation.
- Certificate in Phlebotomy or its equivalent.
- At least two years working experience in a similar position.
- Excellent public relations and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Candidates who have worked in an accredited laboratory will have an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th March, 2019.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.