Career opening : UNES Senior HR & Admin Officer Job employment
Contract Duration: Three Years Subject to 3 months’ probationary period
Reporting to Chief Manager, Finance & Administration the incumbent duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop and Implement Human Resource related Policies and Procedures.
- Develop and Implement Staff Development Framework in the organization.
- Develop and implement Employee Performance Management Programs.
- Manage the administration section activities
- Advise employees and line managers on labour issues.
- Manage employees’ Leave.
- Develop and implement Staff retention programs.
- Develop and implement On Boarding and Off Boarding programs.
- Manage Employee Disciplinary matters.
- Manage Recruitment and Selection process within the organisation.
- Maintain the work structure by updating Job Specification and Job Descriptions for all positions.
- Support in developing appropriate Organizational Structure.
- Maintains the Quality Management System for the Section.
- Oversee maintenance of HR filling system and ensure safety of employee records.
- Administration of health and life insurance schemes.
- Coordinates Human Resources related Administrative activities such as; Medical scheme, loans and advances, gender mainstreaming, disability mainstreaming, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention, HIV/AIDS Prevention activities and the staff welfare association.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource or its equivalent
- Membership to Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Five (5) years’ experience preferably in the Public Sector, 3 of which must be at supervisory level
- Knowledge of Kenya Labour Laws and Best Industry Practice.
- Possess good analytical, oral and writing skills
- Possess Good Leadership, human and public relation Skills
- Person with high Integrity and Confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
How To Apply
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download here) fully filled and signed
- Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before February 22, 2019 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard Copies will not be accepted.
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration
Shortlisted Candidates shall be required to comply with chapter six of the constitution of Kenya requirements by submitting the following documents.
- Certificate of Good Conduct/ Police Clearance Certificate
- CRB Clearance Certificate
- HELB Clearance/Compliance Certificate
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Certificate
- Kenya Revenue Authority Clearance Certificate
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY