Our client a well-established electro mechanical contractor and supplier in Kenya is looking to hire a Procurement Officer.
The candidate will be responsible for compiling information and records to draw up purchase orders for procurement of materials and services.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Compare suppliers’ bills with bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Monitor contractor performance, recommending contract modifications when necessary.
- Bachelor of Science in Procurement and Supplies (Second Class Upper an above)
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar role especially in Manufacturing sector
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Familiarity with procurement and supply programs
How to Apply
All applications should be done on or before close of business 15th February 2019 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted