Current open jobs : KPA employment vacancy
Recruitment opportunity : Port Fire Officer Job vacancy
- Overseeing training of new recruits and in-serving fire service staff to maintain high standards.
- Ensuring compliance with staff regulations, Harbour Regulations 1970, Circulars and Notices issued from time to time.
- Participating in the preparation of budgetary proposals and controls.
- Coordinating firefighting and prevention activities within the jurisdiction of the Kenya Ports Authority.
- Conducting fire risk assessment, surveys and inspection of premises during construction/alterations, formulate fire plans and advise management on all aspects of fire precautions.
- Ensuring fire safety inspections, issuance of fire permits and guarding of all hot works, explosives, bunkering services and that appropriate charges are raised and secured.
- Ensuring safe working procedures are adhered at all times.
- Ensuring special service calls (assist in pumping out water from sea crafts, rescue operations, provision of water under pressure etc.) are conducted safely, effectively and timely.
- Overseeing fire safety training for employees and port users through fire service drills and use of fire appliances.
- Organizing first aid trainings, examinations, re-examinations, competitions and other related activities for the employees.
- Overseeing the investigation of fire incidents and recommending preventive measures.
- Ensuring effective and timely co-ordination with other fire and rescue emergency responders.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor of Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Possess Advanced Fire Fighting Certificate from a recognized Institution.
- Be a member of the Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE) or any other relevant professional body
- Should be trained in Disaster Management and Emergency Evacuation
- Have sound Knowledge of Directorate of Occupational Safety & Health Services Legislation (DOSHS)
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in provision of firefighting and prevention services with at least three (3) years served at a managerial level
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.