Vacancy code: VA/2019/B5303/17196
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Support Services, the HR Officer ensures effective delivery of HR services, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. He/she interprets and applies HR policies, rules and regulations, implements internal procedures and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues. The HR Officer promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with UNOPS rules and regulations and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale.
The HR Officer may supervise HR Assistants. He/she works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations and project teams and UNOPS HQ staff ensuring successful performance in HR management.
- Implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Effective HR management
- Staff performance management and career development
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Provides support to the implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR activities with UN rules and regulations, UNOPS policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control, proper design and functioning of the HR management system.
- Elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management, control of the workflows in the HR Unit.
Provides support to effective human resources management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Oversight of recruitment of UNOPS personnel.
- Information to UNOPS staff on the conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the UN Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Act as the focal point for all third party personnel contracting
- Support to management of International staff entitlements and position funding delegated to the HR Unit.
- Information and supports planning of Regional Office or Operations/Project Centre staffing needs for inclusion in the staffing table.
- Liaison with other UN agencies as and when appropriate to ensure consistency with other UN–wide regulations and rules.
- Preparation and/or review of human resources submission requests to LCPC, in accordance with relevant Procurement/HR guidelines.
- Ensure timely and accurate availability of information to the payroll team to ensure all personnel salaries are paid on time
Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on HR-related topics.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in human resources
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Hub in human resources management and success in introduction and implementation of HR strategies and policies. Accurate, thoroughly researched and documented information, its dissemination, timely and appropriate delivery of services ensure client satisfaction and maintains high staff morale. It enhances credibility of UNOPS as an effective and efficient organization in the HR sector.
First level university degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Administration or related field is required.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience is required, including experience in providing HR planning and/or recruitment
- Experience at supervisory and/or management level is required
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems is an asset
Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role
Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.