Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust is an organization operating in rural Rarieda District. The organization began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth through community empowerment. Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust has since developed into a dynamic organization, focused on empowerment and development, both within the community and the organization. We are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individuals to fill the position of ICT Coordinator.
Due to the rural set-up and challenges associated therewith, all applicants should have a personal commitment to community development. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
- Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
- Mission: Empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their community.
Purpose of the Position
To provide and maintain efficient ICT support to the project site; provide technical and operational support in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of information technology systems, procedures and activities.
- Administration of RWMT’s IT network, computing facilities and other data and telecommunications facilities.
- Perform, maintain & secure backups for all systems for offsite storage and manage disaster recovery preparation.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Enforce software and hardware security measures by restricting access to the systems to authorized persons only and ensuring security protection of the LAN and servers.
- Evaluating systems and ensuring adherence to established ICT standards;
- Evaluate network performance issues, defining network policies and procedures; Install, configure, and maintains network infrastructure, routers and firewall(s).
- Manage user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security, regulatory compliance.
- Maintain and update documentation of procedures, configurations, support procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Support the organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Support with the development and maintenance of all Organizational databases including and not limited to OVC, library, Business Development, Business solution center and training databases.
- Assist in training staff on different IT concepts as and when need arises.
- Integrate ICT tools to increase access to and improve the quality of training programs.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Degree in computer science, engineering, Management Information Systems or related field, with hands on experience in hardware maintenance, software management, Server Administration and networking. Professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) MCSE/CCNA, MCSD is a plus.
- Experience working with Windows servers is necessary especially Windows server 2012 R2.
- Interest to develop professional skills in ICT.
- Experience in training ICT concepts.
- Knowledge and skills relating to the use and identification of office automation, available resources and systems requirements
- Ability to manage the office multi-user computer networks, and solve systems /hardware /software problems
- Ability to identify computer training needs and recommend appropriate interventions
- Strong analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with modern computing software and database skills.
- Must possess good facilitation/training skills.
- At least four (4) years relevant experience.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email: (1) cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed, (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) three references and (4) C.V. to:firstname.lastname@example.org , by 8th February , 2019.