Position main function
Efficiently and effectively co-ordinates the financial functions of the organization as to meet overall FilmAid’s goals.
Systems, Compliance and Procedures
- Ensure the existence of proper financial systems that facilitate the recording and production of accurate financial reports, meet FilmAid’s internal control requirements and safeguard its assets.
- Ensure that financial procedures are followed by all programmes, and systems developed to accommodate the needs of those programmes.
- Continually review and manage implementation of financial management strategies, policies and procedures.
- Continuously review and communicate cost control systems and procedures, including expenditure, authorisation protocols and monitor operations to ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with taxation and statutory requirements including preparing and managing VAT, PAYE and other statutory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Document practices including up to date finance and procurement manual in consultation with Country Director.
Budgeting and Reporting
- Coordinate the timely, accurate and complete annual budget submissions and revisions.
- Monitor expenditure against such budgets and highlight/address over-budget expenditure situations.
- Prepare financial reports, both internal and donor, according to internal and donor standards.
- Oversee the posting of budgets and entries, timely and accurately.
- Oversee cost allocation systems in accordance to donor regulations.
- Verify system’s reconciliation and verifying system’s balances.
- Verify monthly bank reconciliations by the 10th of each month.
- On monthly basis, meet with the Country Director to review overall performance and implementation levels and discuss short term strategies.
- Report monthly on the financial status of programmes to the Country Director.
- Consolidate monthly cash requirements for all locations and ensuring timely information to the Country Director.
- Ensure smooth cash flow between HQ, donors, country office and the field offices.
- Signing of petty cash for field operations.
- Lead preparation for internal and external audits, financial reviews and external audits
- Reviewing and addressing questions of concern from auditors in consultation with Country Director.
- Ensure good external communication including with auditors, partners and funders.
- Key in developing the organization’s overall strategy and drive FilmAid’s mission.
- Perform any other duties and represent the Country Director.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Qualification in certified public accounts (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- At least 4 years’ experience of financial management preferably with a humanitarian organization.
- Extensive understanding of donor/partner requirements, regulations and agreements.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
- Budgeting and budgetary control.
- Financial reporting skills.
- Decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and attention to detail.
- Ability to use various finance programs (QuickBooks, Ms Word, Ms Excel).
- Good planning skills, honest and reliable.
- Very good reporting skills.
- Ability to work alone and in a team.
- People management skills.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV and 3 references to Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 21st January, 2019 and clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Finance Manager ’ and stating your expected remuneration for this role.
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FilmAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer