About the role
You will provide support to the daily management and operations of Bridge international academies. This position conducts business affairs within the scope of the policies and procedures of Bridge international academies. The Administrative Assistant’s role is to support the administrative needs of the office, conduct daily tasks, and provide general organization-wide support as needed. The successful candidate must project a professional image through in-person and phone interactions. This position requires someone who can effectively manage multiple schedules, deadlines and demands
- Open office by 7:00 am to cleaning company to carry out office cleaning and overseeing the cleaning process to ensure high level of cleanness is achieved.
- Provide a professional front office presence by meeting and greeting visitors and assisting them appropriately.
- Run company’s errands to post office by ensuring mail collection is done three times a week and sorting, distributing the mail to the relevant staff members.
- Keeping proper filing of all administrative records and archiving them for reference.
- Give support to administrative function in printing and reproduction of records; documents binding, scanning, faxing documents.
- Provide support in managing supplier invoices by filing copies of all the invoices with delivery notes.
- Ensuring all Business Permits and Fire licenses are renewed on time both for the Warehouse and Corporate office.
- Follow through on the utility bills and ensure payments of the same is done to avoid disconnection.
- Follow through on office repairs, lighting, and workstations locks replacements, power sockets and ensure all are functional.
- Acts as a Citi-bank agent for the organization and ensure all cheques are collected in good time and follow on payments with different service providers.
- Follow through with office appliances repairs with service providers and ensure proper documentation of the appliances is recorded before dispatch for repairs.
- Assisting resolving any administrative arising issues any other assigned duties.
- Diploma in Office Administration, Business Administration or a related field
- At least one-year work experience in Administration or logistics.
- Strong proficiency in technology including, Microsoft Office applications especially in Word and Excel
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong task management, planning and organizational skills
- Extremely detail-oriented, efficient and able to multi-task, prioritize and follow projects through to completion
- Strong customer service orientation
- High energy and enthusiasm and willing to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Ability to work well under pressure, as a team member in a fast-paced work environment
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
How to Apply
To view and apply for the administration assistant job go to the following link