The Project Officer – HIV Testing and Counseling Services will provide guidance related to Comprehensive HIV Prevention including HIV Testing Services provision, Evidence Informed Behavioral Interventions (EBIs), harm reduction, linkage to biomedical services including HIV treatment, and psychosocial support.
- Provides technical support for the implementation of HIV prevention activities in collaboration with supported partners
- Develops and implements a capacity-building and systems-strengthening plan for EBIs in close collaboration with key partners
- Institutionalizes continuous quality improvement systems for HIV Prevention implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Examines overall coordination and support for planning and implementation of Evidence Based HIV prevention interventions
- Leads the implementation and facilitation of training and continuous professional development systems for EBI facilitators, HTC counselors, adherence counsellors, other health professionals and lay health workers (CHWs, peer educators, etc.) involved in HIV prevention activities
- Evaluates and adapts Community Strategy implementation
- In collaboration with other team members, develops and distributes appropriate job aides and educational material for comprehensive HIV prevention
- Supports staff through onsite mentorship and operations discussions
- Evaluates outcomes of capacity-building activities and shares recommendations
- Writes HIV Prevention activity reports and periodic program implementation reports
- Diploma in Nursing or Clinical Medicine
- Bachelor of Community Nursing/Public Health/Sociology or related field (added advantage)
- NASCOP Certified HIV Testing and Counseling Professional
- 4 years’ relevant work experience, 2 years’ experience at supervisory level
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and report writing skills
- Computing skills
How To Apply
Please email: a cover letter detailing your suitability, your Curriculum Vitae, contact information for three referees (name, email address, and telephone number) and a copy of your most recent pay slip.
Please include the job title that you are applying for on the subject of the email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th January 2019.