Area Officer Job at SOLARKIOSK
SOLARKIOSK is an award winning company conducting sustainable energy and retail business in developing countries. It is based in Berlin (Germany) and currently has six subsidiaries in Africa and projects in ten countries in Africa/Asia/Americas.Flat hierarchies, a high degree of personal responsibility, quick decision-making, cordial teamwork and a dynamic and innovative business environment characterize our company.
For our Kenyan subsidiary, we are looking for a highly motivated Area Officer to aide in management of stock in all the kiosks within his/her cluster.
Manage the daily operation of kiosks, implementation of kiosk processes and procedures, act as communication link to kiosk operators and training of kiosk operators. The Area Officer also manages kiosk operators, Sales Agents and Security guards.
- Ensuring proper implementation of kiosk standard operating procedures and processes at the cluster level to maximize kiosk sales performance and accountability.
- Management of cash and stock at kiosk level and also maintain zero tolerance. Liase with the Office for disciplinary action in areas where you feel there is violation of policies and procedures
- Training and coordinating the training of the kiosk operators and sales agents under his/her responsibility.
- Analyzing market trends e.g products and prices in areas around the kiosks to update the office on changes and any arising issues and designing appropriate responses/countermeasures
- Preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports on stock, cash, compliance and kiosk operator training in accordance with SKKL requirement
- Act as the communication link to all the kiosk operators in your cluster ensuring effective information flows from office to the kiosk operators on a timely basis. Act on the best of interest of SKKL on cluster level.
- Ensure proper documentation and filling in all the kiosks within your cluster.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders like local administration, pastors, village leaders, market leaders, security in charges etc .
- Maintain a contact database
- Preparing daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly operating plan considering growth strategies and identified needs in kiosks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field plus 5 years experience leading a field team.
- Professional certification in Finance and accounting will be an added advantage.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent communications skills – both oral and written
- Highly motivated, self discipline able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
- Ability to prepare detailed reports
- Proficiency in computer skills is a must
- Excellent inter-personal skills in working with teams
- Ability to ride a motor-bike.
- Ability to work in the rural areas.
- Ability to strictly inspect the kiosks
If your qualifications match the above profile, you can identify with our vision and you are excited about this challenging position, we look forward to receiving your application. It should include:
- A cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates and references
- Salary expectations and earliest possible starting date
How to Apply
Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . All applications should be received by 31st December 2018 the above position is quite urgent and applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Due to the high number of applications anticipated we may not be able to respond back to all and so we highly regret that if by 15th January 2019 you will not have heard from us please consider your application not successful however we shall reserve your resume in our database.
Please note that we cannot consider incomplete applications or applications sent by post.