Plant Mechanic J.G ‘G’ Job at the County Government of Siaya (1 position)
Terms of Service: – Permanent and Pensionable
This is the entry and training grade for degree holders. An officer at this level will work under guidance of an experienced officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- keeping equipment available for use by inspecting and testing machinery;
- Maintaining machinery in functional condition;
- verifying quality of spare parts;
- Ensuring and maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment in compliance with procedures, regulations and government requirements.
This is the entry grade for Plant Mechanic. An officer at this grade will work under the direction and supervision of a senior officer. The Officer should have;
- Kenya certificate of secondary education (KCSE) mean Grade, ‘D’ plain or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering (Heavy Plant option). Candidates in Craft/certificate level but with wide experience will be considered.
- Passed the occupational Trade Test I for Mechanics;
- Attended a refresher course for Mechanics lasting not less than one (1) week within a period of three (3) years at the Kenya institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- At least two (2) year experience in heavy diesel/mobile plant environment.
- Good knowledge of IC engines, hydraulic systems and electrical circuits.
- Attended a First-Aid course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or the Kenya institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or other recognized institution;
- A valid driving license, Class D and Special Type
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax compliance certificates
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
- Clearance from the CRB.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website, attach copies of their credentials and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us on email@example.com
So as to reach the Board on or before Friday, 21st December 2018 at 4:00pm
- Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer.
- Qualified persons from other ethnic communities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvassing or bribery will lead to automatic disqualification.