Directline Assurance Company
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of Legal Manager.
Overall Purpose of the Job: Supervise, manage and coordinate under the general direction of the Head of Claims & Legal, the allocated Team of Associate Advocates and Legal Assistants and ensure that the highest quality of service is rendered to the Company and the client.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead in development and implementation of the legal strategy in order to minimize loss ratio and stock as per the set target.
- Assisting the Head of Claims & Legal in ensuring that the firm meets standards and expectations set out by the partners and expected by clients
- Ensure timely preparation of defense strategies and witnesses for liability & fraud matters; and that assigned staff are able to dismiss these matters in court.
- Enable timely, cost effective negotiation and settlement of genuine claims.
- Ensure court judgments are paid within the stay of execution period.
- Ensure the diary allocation is done on all matters on a weekly basis.
- To offer leadership, managerial direction, guidance and support to staff at junior levels.
- To ensure that the firm’s policies and procedures are adhered to and that resources are managed effectively.
- To safeguard and promote welfare of staff by ensuring quality of service offered and training of new employees.
- Preparation of reports.
- Ensure compliance of the orders passed by courts and other regulatory and administrative bodies.
- Regularly monitors the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of case processing activities.
- To monitor systems, work flow for efficient administration of the firm.
- To be involved in the recruitment, training and retention of staff.
- Assist the Head of Claims & Legal in developing a management style which balances the need to exercise control and give direction with the need to offer staff the opportunity to contribute to decision making.
- Reporting and assisting the Head of Claims & Legal in issues in relation to conduct and competence of staff.
- Reporting and assisting the Head of Claims & Legal in resolving issues and conflicts of staff motivation and morale.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts with the client.
- Promoting personal and professional development through the appropriate delegation of duties.
- Analyze and utilize financial and legal data to develop and implement appropriate legal strategies.
- Respond to and follow up legal enquiries and instructions from both the court and file advocate with the client.
- Deal and respond to issues raised by the client with respect to the firm’s performance.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring court advocates performances and their court attendances.
- Act with integrity while upholding the organizations values, ethical and professional standards at all times.
- Delegation of tasks and responsibilities
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education
- Diploma in Law(KSL) and Admission as an Advocate with a current practicing Certificate;
- Proficiency in use of computer applications;
- At least 5 Years Post Admission experience in Litigation
- Experience in dealing with PSV will be an added advantage.
Skills and Attributes
- Organizational, conceptual and analytical, managerial and decision making skills;
- Ability to get well with diverse workforce;
- Honesty and integrity;
- Positive working attitude;
- Excellent litigation and negotiation skills
- Ability to give and take instructions;
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic/professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before 5.00pm 29th December, 2018.