Administrative Assistant (Reception & Switch Board) Job at Jubilee Insurance
Job Ref. No. HRJIC468
Employment Terms: Fixed contract of four months
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937.
Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania.
- Receiving all company visitors as the first point of contact.
- Answering all incoming calls, routing the calls to the relevant department/ person.
- Following through with the client for the required assistance if the person is not available while ensuring customer service standards are maintained at all times
- Provide professional and competent telephone operator service both internally and externally on all aspects of telecommunications to and from the switchboard.
- Provide professional first class customer focused reception services in a helpful and courteous manner
- Maintain office compliance procedures by following safety processes in place in relation to access of visitors to offices, through the reception desk
- Maintaining vehicle movement log books for company and leased vehicles on a daily basis. Keeping up to date files for leased vehicle movement
- Undertaking any other relevant tasks as directed by the Administration Officer e.g. relieving other Administrative Assistants
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Team Spirit
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Market intelligence and business development skills
- Business planning and implementation
- Change management
- Market operation
- Industry research to identify trendsetter ideas
- A minimum of Diploma in Secretarial Studies and/or Business Administration
- Certificate in Office Management– added advantage
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and packages
- Experience in customer care in a busy commercial organization
How To Apply
Applications to be sent to Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Designation given above before 17th December 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.