Hotel Manager Job at Egerton University Investment Company
Egerton Investment Company is an equal opportunity employer involved in Hospitality and Agribusiness. The company manages a 2 Star 90 rooms Hotel with conference facilities, Lord Egerton Caste and Resort with grounds for Team building, Weddings and Excursions. The Company also manages a mixed farm that spans over 2700 acres. The company is looking for self motivated and experienced personnel to fill the following positions. This will be a 3 years’ contract renewable based on performance. The persons will however be subject to a three months’ probation period before being confirmed
- Forward planning for all Hotel activities
- budgeting and maintaining accurate financial records
- organising sales and purchases of Hotel products and services
- handling paperwork and keeping administrative records
- recruiting, training/instructing and supervising Hotel workers
- making sure that work progresses satisfactorily
- ensuring compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards
- keeping an up-to-date knowledge of Hospitality Market Changes and advice the Director accordingly
- Ensuring transparency/control systems are in place, including point of sale systems
- Ensuring the Hotel is profitable and meets projected financial targets
- organising maintenance/repair of Hotel property, equipment and machinery
- Advertising and marketing Hotel products/services
Variations in workloads relate to seasonal demands – some unsociable hours may be necessary during busy periods (eg during huge conferences) and the manager will be expected to deal with emergencies.
- At least a Bachelors Degree in Hotel Hospitality from a recognised Institution, with key skills in Conferencing, foods and beverages; and accommodation.
- In addition, the appropriate manager will have at least 3 years’ relevant experience in a reputable Hotel and where past performance is verifiable.
- Good communication
- Analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
- ICT skills
- The ability to apply technical knowledge of the environment and legislation/public policy matters in a practical environment
- Marketing and sales skills
- Teamwork and leadership
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications with updated CVs indicating your current remuneration, 10 copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, names and telephone contacts of three referees to:
Human Resources Officer; Egerton Investment Company: Email: email@example.com. Hard copies can be delivered to the Managing Director’s Secretary at Egerton University Investment Company, ARC Hotel between Monday-Saturday as per the below address on or before December 20th 2018.
The Managing Director,
Egerton University Investment Company,
P.O. Box 536 – 20115,