Finance Assistant Job at Palliser Insurance
At Palliser, we’re focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of all our clients.
We are looking for the role below:
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to support our day-to-day transactions, including expenses and payroll.
If you have an accounting background and are interested in procedures like tax management and budget preparation, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help maintain our company’s financial health and make sure we use our resources beneficially.
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Managing payroll
- Assisting with budgets
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing company ledgers
- Processing business expenses
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
- Posting daily receipts
- Preparing annual budgets
- Handling accruals and prepayments
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
- Managing monthly budgeting tasks
- Create cost analysis reports (fixed and variable costs)
- Process tax payments
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
- Degree in BA, Finance, Accounting or related field
- CPA qualification
- Work experience as a Finance Assistant/Accounts Assistant /Finance Officer or similar role
- At least 3 years’ experience is required
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Very attractive and competitive salary package
- Employee discounts and other exceptional staff offers on our range of services and products
How to Apply
If you think you possess the qualities that we are looking for, please apply in confidence by sending your updated CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please indicate job applied on the email subject line.
Application deadline is: 15th January 2019.