Office Administrative Assistant- Legal Job at Export Processing Zone Authority
Grade: EPZA 9
Ministry /Corporation: EPZ-A
Directorate: Finance, Human Resource and Administration
Department: Human Resource and Administration
Section / Unit: Administration
Location / Work station: Administration Building, Viwanda Road
Reports to: Senior Assistant Office Administrator
Direct reports: Corporate Secretary and Manager, Legal Services
Indirect reports Office Assistants
The job holder is responsible for legal secretarial services and clerical/administrative work.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Data processing from manuscripts
- Operating office equipment and security of office equipment, documents and records
- Attending to visitors and clients
- Handling telephone calls and customers
- Handling appointments
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution;
Decision Making / Job Influence
- Work predominantly within the office
- Diploma in Legal Secretarial Studies from KNEC or equivalent from a recognized Institution
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
- Meets the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Previous relevant work experience required
- Direct entry for Diploma in Legal Secretarial Studies/Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills.
- Honest and confidentiality
Salary Scale for the position
Minimum Basic Salary Kshs 27,072.00: Maximum Basic Salary Kshs 47,912.00
Total Allowances 29,000.00
Successful candidate will enter the scale at basic salary of Kshs 27,072.00
How To Apply
Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, those applying for positions listed above must obtain and submit with their application, recent copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence using the Job Application Form indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching copies of certificates, relevant testimonial, National ID and requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
All applications should be sent online in pdf format and should be received not later than 23rd December, 2018 at midnight East Africa Time.
Export Processing Zones Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.