Technology Coordinator Job at Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Technology Coordinator for our Tatu City Campuses. This is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About the Role
Responsible for providing IT support to students & teaching and non-teaching staff enabling delivery of content in classrooms and maintaining productivity of users of the internet, printer, laminator etc at Nova Pioneer Tatu Primary.
- Ensuring functionality of student and staff laptops by carrying out regular preventive maintenance, basic repairs and necessary software configurations such as Microsoft Office, OS updates etc.
- Troubleshooting the classroom projectors, speakers & HDMI failures.
- Being the point person for printer and internet troubleshooting at Nova Pioneer Tatu Primary.
- Supporting teachers in managing students during heavy computer aided lessons.
- Ensuring proper set-up of hardware and software necessary in running successful online testing sessions ie NWEA MAP tests.
- Managing and track IT/Tech assets assigned to the duty station.
- Working with tech associates to resolve Level 2 support tickets such as troubleshooting offline cameras and switches.
- Receiving technicians from contracted service providers assigned to carry out maintenance or repair tasks.
- Attending teacher PDs on regular basis to identify IT related issues raised and communicate the same to supervisor for logging/action.
- Performing any other related duties as assigned by the IT manager.
- You have a minimum of 1 year experience working in a school-based environment or fast-paced office setting.
- Diploma in an ICT related course.
- Having some background/understanding of working in a support role is an added advantage.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of computers and their inner working.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, teachers, and students.
- Must demonstrate some understanding of basic printer, projector and computer hardware and software troubleshooting techniques.
How to Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? Apply here: https://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/iu2QPeNZxQ/Technology-Coordinator
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications for this role will close on 18th December 2018. All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps within three weeks after this closing date. There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.