Project Management Officer – TAAT Job at International Potato Center
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking an experienced Project Management Officer to work directly under Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation Project (TAAT) and help ensure they deliver on-time, within the applicable scope and budget.
The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of TAAT project, set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. If you enjoy working with other professionals dedicated to achieving food security, we encourage you to apply.
The Position: The PMO will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and report to the Head of Project Management Unit. This position will also assist in ensuring that project staff follow CIP policies and procedures while adhering to donor rules and regulations while acting as the liaison between project field offices and Kenya-based interdepartmental teams to ensure projects are successful. The job requires travel to field sites (up to 25% of time).
- Project implementation and compliance: Serve as primary point of contact for TAAT project operations during and after the life of the project; Deliver and maintain professional working relationships with internal clients and other project partners and ensure resource availability and allocation;
- Monitoring and Reporting: Monitor progress against project output and provide feedback as needed; Measure project performance using appropriate tools and dispatched to donors’ representatives; Maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Support on administrative processes inherent to Project implementation, following the AfDB Disbursement Handbook, AfDB Procurement Guidelines, other donor contractual requirements and CIP’s internal processes.
- Administrative and logistics support on the project execution and organization of events.
- Organize and manage reception and filing of project documents.
- Review records, accounting and financial controls of the activities carried out in the project.
- Obtain clearance from donor, whenever required.
- Prepare donor reports, observing the contractual requirements. He / She will also be responsible for preparing the relevant documentation for audits.
- Monitoring and budget implementation, follow-up of regulations established by donor and carry out capacity building activities for project team and partners.
- Review the project monthly account closure and prepare the required reports for the project manager.
- Other tasks assigned, related to the work area.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Business Administration, Financial Management or related field. Master’s degree in Development, Administration and/or Project Management, will be desirable;
- At least 6 years’ experience working with African development bank projects and familiarity with their guidelines;
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel;
- Advanced Knowledge in software solutions (ERP);
- Proficiency in project management software tools;
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
What are the conditions
The position is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Kenya nationals and permanent residents only. The employment contract will be for a one-year term (with a 3- month probation period) and the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
How to apply
Visit the following link: http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on December 7, 2018 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.