Hydroponic Farm Manager Job
Our Client is an innovative hydroponics farm located in the outskirts of Nairobi, and produces a variety of vegetables on several acres of open soil. They seek to recruit an experienced hydroponics grower who will be responsible for the production of greenhouse-grown high-quality horticultural crops, optimize farm operations and maximize production outputs to realize revenue. Women are encouraged to apply.
Location: Outskirts of Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: 40 – 50K
- Managing all on-farm activities to include planning of all seeding, nursery, growing and harvesting
- Assign duties, such as cultivation, irrigation, harvesting, packaging, grading and equipment maintenance
- Management, training and supervision of all farm staff
- Observe workers to detect inefficient or unsafe work procedures or to identify problems and initiate corrective action as necessary
- Oversee the Nutrient balancing and management of the hydroponics system, plant health, control of pests,
- Water quality testing (including pH, EC, temperature and other critical parameters Stock control;
- Adherence to and where required improvement of Standard Cultivation Operating Procedures and health and safety requirements, and ensuring that all farm activities are carried out accordingly
- Providing periodic operations reports to the management team, reporting on progress vs targets and production reports
- Requisition or purchase of supplies, such as insecticides, machine parts/lubricants, tools and implementation of stock control measures.
- Ensure adherence to Horticultural Crops Development Authority regulations, including Food Safety and Quality, Environment Safety and Workers Welfare, Health and Safety
- Post-harvest processing including storage and packaging in preparation of sale
- Coordination with logistics and sales staff to ensure correct timing of harvest-ready produce
- Degree in Agricultural Sciences or Horticulture
- 3-5 years’ experience in hydroponics farming (nutrient formulae, preparing solutions, nutrient requirements, deficiencies, toxicities, pH, Do, conductivity, salinity, growth regulators)
- Extensive practical experience and knowledge about cultivating common greenhouse crops
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of organic farming and permaculture techniques is an advantage
- Keen on learning, growing, and contributing with a small team of experienced people in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently while contributing in a team environment
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in all MS Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative.
How To apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Hydroponic Farm Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 29th November 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.