International Coalition Coordinator Job at International Potato Center
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking an International Coalition Coordinator to coordinate partners and interventions at the regional scale. The position will be based out of Nairobi and will report to the Global Potato Program Leader. The selected candidate is expected to have experience in agricultural development and partner management.
About the role
The Potato Coalition is an alliance to holistically support potato value chains from the lab to the consumer across Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania and Uganda. The Coordinator will provide direction and support to the six country coordinators to realise the full potential of the Irish Potato Coalition.
The Coordinator will also be responsible to lead the anticipated project ‘Technical backstopping within the potato working group in seven One World – No Hunger partner countries (Kenya, Uganda, Cameroon, Tunisia, Mali, Nigeria and India). The objective of the advisory role is to foster a crosscountry learning and knowledge exchange within a community of practice. A working group on potato has been established with 23 active members from the partner countries.
Irish Potato Coalition
- To strengthen and engage new partnerships across public and private sectors to strengthen alliances and mobilize resources
- Facilitate knowledge transfer within the Coalition
- Actively collect, synthesize and share information within the Coalition
- Support systems to develop evidenced based data and knowledge
- Promote the role of potato in the development agenda
- Produce annual report of member activities and impact
Partnership Building and Fundraising
- Develop Innovative partnerships and approaches with public and private institutions
- Support the efforts to create innovative alliances and partnerships with the private sector across the country to contribute with CIP’s mission
- Represent CIP at the country level with donor, and partners to support program development and growth
- Provide management in all aspects of project implementation
- Coordinate the technical staff and consultants to deliver on project assignments
- Work with administrative and finance units at CIP
- Ensure proper technical review of project assignments prior to submission to the donor
- Provide meaningful project reports updating on implementational and financial status
- Oversee the development of partner sub-agreements and works plans
- Monitor adherence to consultancy contract and grant agreement, CIP policies and procedures and relevant external rules and regulations
Project Support Operations
- Coordinate with finance and administration staff to ensure operational systems are in place to support field activities including logistics, procurement, security, administration and human resources.
- PhD level degree in relevant discipline in agronomy, agricultural economics or a closely related discipline
- Strong experience of at least 8 years in managing and delivering on agricultural-related projects in an international development context
- Proven experience managing multi-partner development projects that engage several consultants
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa essential
- Experience engaging high level partnerships with international and national institutions, and the donor community
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Demonstrate leadership, integrity and versatility
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Spoken French required
- Excellent writing skills – able to develop meaningful reports
- Willingness to travel frequently and work under field conditions
How to apply
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on December 15, 2018 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.