Receptionist Job at Lavington Hotel
Roles for the Receptionist Job
- To ensure knowledge of special promotions offered by the hotel and to passing this information on to the guest whenever the possibility arises.
- Promoting the other departments within the hotel at every given opportunity in order to maximize hotel sales.
- Ensuring that all reservations have the correct deposit taken.
- Ensuring that all confirmations are sent out by the end of the shift.
- Being aware of the hotel availability and that every opportunity to maximize room sales is taken.
- Offering assistance to other departments, including Bar, Restaurant, Spa and Housekeeping as necessary
- Awareness of all written and spoken requests and to carry out these requests in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Ensuring that all charges are correctly posted to the guests’ bills following the standard procedures.
- To deal with cash, cheque and credit transactions and to ensure that any discrepancies are reported immediately.
- To ensure that all messages received for guests are passed on accurately and as quickly as possible.
- Supervise all other Receptionists’ duties.
- Ensuring the security of guests’ property, and lost property following security procedures.
Receptionist Job Qualifications
- Degree/diploma in Administration or office management
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- MS Office Computer Skills
- Work planning and organization skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply