Procurement Manager Job at Lee & Miles
Our client is a fast growing company in the real estate development sector in Kenya and prides itself as an affordable housing solutions provider in the Kenyan market. They seek to recruit a professional in the position of Procurement Manager.
Procurement Manager Job Responsibilities
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies.
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Examine and test existing contracts.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
Requirements for the Procurement Manager Job
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement, Global experience is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are advised to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us not later than 18th October 2018. Please very clearly quote “PROCUREMENT MANAGER” on your email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if don’t hear from us by 31st October 2018.