Principal Enterprise Architect Job at Safaricom
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Business Engagement, the individual will Develop and maintain an Enterprise Architecture that enable Safaricom to achieve its mission, vision and values systematically through developing enterprise alignment, enterprise agility, and enterprise innovation/transformation by utilizing emerging technologies and best practices across enterprise business architecture, enterprise information architecture and enterprise technology architecture in a business-oriented holistic way.
Principal Enterprise Architect Job Responsibilities
- Lead in alignment of IT budgets to Business and IT Strategy.
- Responsible for leading IT Digital transformation programs.
- Responsible for vendor engagement to influence vendor roadmaps in alignment with business strategy and technology evolution.
- Responsible for exploration and PoCs of new technologies and solutions (including PoCs where applicable) and getting buy-in for rollout of viable ones.
- Responsible for procurement of technical business solutions.
- Responsible for E2E IT enterprise architecture.
- Define architecture principles that all solution designs should follow to ensure a coherent EA.
- Ensure proper architecture execution towards micro-services and DevOps.
- Attend business strategy meetings to ensure IT is aligned with business needs.
- Interpret, use and apply information contained within IT architecture to inform a range of business improvement activities.
- Ensure 40% of new solutions use new digital technologies to drive towards Digital IT
- Optimize CapEx and agility by driving the ‘open source first’ initiatives.
- Collaborate with domain managers to define their target architectures, roadmaps and transition plans for these domain architectures
- Act as design authority and provide an assurance role, ensuring that all architecture activities and deliverables (in-house and external outsourced) are consistent with existing standards, policies and strategies.
Requirements for the Principal Enterprise Architect Job
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related.
- Certification in TOGAF Certified Enterprise Architect and Certification in Agile Project Management will be an added advantage
- 7+ years of broad technical background inclusive of databases, applications, Infrastructure, cloud, development , enterprise architecture, solutions architecture and system design experience
- A methodical approach with proven experience designing and delivering complex technical roadmaps
- Comfortable reporting at C-Suite level and presenting technical direction
- Understanding of working with 3rd party suppliers
How to Apply