Logistics Officer Job at International Potato Center
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a highly skilled, results-oriented Logistics Officer to provide logistics and procurement support to CIP Sub-Sahara Africa Region.
The Position: The Logistics officer will be based at the CIP Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Logistics Officer Job Responsibilities:
- Regional strategic thinking on implementing a holistic supply chain system, procurement planning, budgeting (and start-up planning for projects), capacity building for countries and partners on areas of supply chain/ procurement for various donors;
- Supervise supply chain officers to deliver quality, timely, effective and efficient support to research;
- In liaison with the Logistics Senior Manager in HQ, update the procurement policies within CIP to facilitate result-based management;
- Negotiation with Suppliers long term contracts;
- Identification of new suppliers for Africa;
- Follow carefully EU, USAID, African Development Bank Rules and Regulations as requested;
- Implement the Purchase Plan per year for each project in coordination with the PIs and the Logistics Senior Manager;
- Support the OCS procurement module rollout in SSA and backstop the countries as the module is rolled out;
- Implement a Plan for succession line with the new Procurement Specialist;
- Identify a Central Risk for adequate Supplier’s Evaluation CIP SSA;
- Prepare Logistics Reports.
- Facilitate procurement planning with all budget holders to ensure timely procurement of goods and services;
- Supervise the procurement monitoring system (for tracking);
- Ensure cost-effectiveness, quality and timely delivery of all supply chain clients’ requirements;
- Ensure suppliers are formally pre-qualified prior to inclusion on suppliers list;
- Ensure compliance with CIP and ALL Donor Supply Management policies and procedures;
- Proactively anticipate procurement needs and seek economies of scale by organizing procurements across projects/departments;
- Proactively anticipate supply chain related risks and develop appropriate mitigations;
- In consultation with Finance ensure procurements are within budget and appropriate for technical needs;
- Manage resources to ensure value for money;
- Guide on performance evaluation for outsourced service providers;
- Lead the procurement committees and ensure all procurements are properly recorded;
- Coordinate with the technical team on the development of procurement scopes of work;
- Prepare and Manage the request for proposal (RFP) or request for quotation (RFQ) documents;
- Draft the contracts or purchase order and coordinate on approvals with CIP HQ.
Stores and Inventory Management
- Advise the technical staff on commercial clauses of legal instruments to ensure that they get the best equipment/ services.
Supplier / Stakeholder relations
- Ensure good supplier relations are maintained;
- Ensure WIN-WIN negotiations are carried out with suppliers to ensure sustainable mutual gains for both CIP and the supplier organizations;
- Backstop countries in CIP SSA on supply chain and logistics issues.
Requirements for the Logistics Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, International Business or related disciplines.
- Al least 3 years of experience required in similar position.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficient on MS Excel, Word and Power Point at user level.
- Knowledge of EU’s, USAID and African Development Bank Policies and Procedures
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong client service orientation and displaying a good-natured cooperative attitude with internal and external clients.
- Knowledge of ERP software’s and administration of products and suppliers master files.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art Research & Development background, and is a recent World Food Price Winner and awarded with the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are the conditions?
The position is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Kenyan nationals and permanent residents. The employment contract will be for a one-year term (with a 3-month probation period) and the possibility of renewal.
How To Apply:
Visit the following link: http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on September 17, 2018 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.