Assistant Director – Co-Operative Development Job at Kitui County
Job Group ‘CPSB 05’ (P)
Salary Scale: Ksh. 81,940 × 4,100 – 86,040 ×4,300 – 90,340 × 4,510 – 94,850 × 4,750 – 99,600 × 4,980 – 104,580 × 5,220 – 109,800 p.m.
Terms of service: Permanent
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the county and to confirm appointments”.
Requirements for the Co-Operative Development Job
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Co-operatives Management, Commerce, Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management and Organizational Development, Agribusiness or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Relevant working experience of not less than seven (7) years;
- Demonstrated ability in planning and supervising co-operative work; and
- Relevant Master’s degree and Membership to a professional body/association will be an added advantages.
Co-Operative Development Job Responsibilities
- Providing technical advice in Cooperative development and investment;
- Preparing reports for policy formulation;
- Enforcing compliance with co-operative legislation;
- Designing, coordinating and monitoring the implementation of co-operative activities, programs and policies;
- Carrying out market research and disseminating research findings;
- Promoting value addition;
- Conducting co-operatives banking inspections;
- Undertaking co-operative risk assessment; and
- Designing new financial products and credit policies.
The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to the above position will be as determined by the
Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all Applicants
Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 21st September 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services.