Director, Market Surveillance Job at Kenya Bureau of Standards
The Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) has remained the premier government agency for the provision of Standards, Metrology and Conformity Assessment (SMCA) services since its inception in 1974. Over that period its main activities have grown from the development of standards and quality control for a limited number of locally made products in the 1970s to the provision of more comprehensive Standards development, Metrology, Conformity Assessment, Training and Certification services.
Reporting to the Managing Director
JOB No: KEBS/HR_JOB/2018_2
Roles for the Director, Market Surveillance Job
- Providing strategic leadership on compliance level of locally and imported products in the Kenyan market;
- Liaising with stakeholders in the fight against substandard products;
- Providing technical advice to industry on effective implementation of standards in order to facilitate improvement of quality of goods and services;
- Ensuring adequate internal controls and compliance with the applicable laws, policies and procedures on product conformity;
- Leading change management processes across all areas of responsibility as required through planning, leading and implementation of change to ensure support functions provide an efficient and cost effective services for the organization;
- Handling consumer complaints and appeals to enhance customer satisfaction levels;
- Protecting the health and safety of consumers and the public in general.
Director, Market Surveillance Job Qualifications
- KCSE C+ and above;
- Recognized Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Civil engineering, Textile engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Food Science, or Agriculture;
- Recognized relevant Master’s degree;
- Professional qualification and membership where applicable.
- A minimum period of twelve (12) years on relevant work with at least eight (8) year’s experience in a senior management position;
- Gazetted Inspector;
- Gazetted Prosecutor;
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Project management course from a recognized institution;
- Quality Management best practices (Lead Auditor/Assessor);
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online.
All Applications must be received on or before 21st September, 2018 at 5:00PM.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Short listed candidates will be required to submit their HELB, KRA, EACC, Credit Reference and Good Conduct certificates. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
NB: Any academic certificate acquired from foreign Institutions MUST be accompanied with a recognition certificate from Commissioner of University Education Kenya.
Qualified registered persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.